Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have the stock 16 inch rims on my 2007 wrangler x i just bought and i was wondering if i could put the 17 inch ATX artilley rims on it without any mods.

ATX Artillery Teflon Coated those are the rims only reason i would go with the 17 in instead of just buying 16 and throwing it on my tires i have now is because my friend has 17s for sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know that.. i would buy new tires i was just wondering if the rims would make any issues on the wrangler. I would run 265/65-17 tires which brings me on another question how "beefy" of a tire can i get without rubbing anything offroad

·
Registered
915 Posts
ahhh yes, my appolgies for not understanding your question.

You can do 33x12.5x17 (285x70x17) without a need for a lift. I was able to fit my 17x9 Pro Comps on my 33's without any issues. It actually bumped the tires out enough to stop the minor rubbing I got when I was still using my stock wheels.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yup, sure does. And the tire only rubbed slightly on full turn. But since you're getting new wheels, you shouldn't have any problems with rubbing.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I seem these tires at a local Walmart and they are sweet looking they look like the duratracs in real life I thought they were until I stopped and looked. And the price is awesome.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts