Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's quite a few spy photos floating around of the new wrangler. Can't tell much about it, but it seems to not be changing radically.

I found this one and the headlights seem suspiciosly square. Think they taped the lights up just to make 'em look square? Could they be going back to the square headlights for the Wrangler?

Not trying to stir anything up here. Just looking for opinions.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
They definitely look square in the pic, but could just be the masking... I hope! Not too much different, but they must have done a slight redesign on the sides... That is what they were having a hard time with - meeting side-impact tolerances.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
amerijeep said:
There's quite a few spy photos floating around of the new wrangler. Can't tell much about it, but it seems to not be changing radically.

I found this one and the headlights seem suspiciosly square. Think they taped the lights up just to make 'em look square? Could they be going back to the square headlights for the Wrangler?

Not trying to stir anything up here. Just looking for opinions.
Couple of the other pic's i have seen show what appears to be a exhaust in the rear where the gas tank has been. suspension looked sort of the same, or at least from what I could see in the very dark pic's... should be neat to see what its really like.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeeperman said:
They definitely look square in the pic, but could just be the masking... I hope! Not too much different, but they must have done a slight redesign on the sides... That is what they were having a hard time with - meeting side-impact tolerances.
I think it's entirely possible that it is masking. Seems like a good ploy to keep the jeep crowd interested. Leak a pic that appears to have square headlights.

They might really be square though. I like my square lights on the ole YJ, and I guess I really never have cared much for the TJ front. Looks like they at least have the marker lights back where they should be. In the grill instead of the fenders.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
those do really look square, and i wouldn't think that they'd go back to square lights, but they might. they should move the markers back to the grille like the cj's though. be fun to see where Jeep goes with the new wrangler. as long as its not IFS, that's all i care about!!

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Yeah best thing about that pic is the solid front axle. If Wranglers go IFS then I will only be buying older models just on principle. Besides IFS Swaps suck.

some interesting new side steps on there. Wouldn't be good for our use, but look pretty functional for the general population.

Not tryin to stir anything up eh Jepp? Yeah, my arse you aren't. :D HAHAHHAHA :D

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1BLKJP said:
Not tryin to stir anything up eh Jepp? Yeah, my arse you aren't. :D HAHAHHAHA :D

Only trying to stir up a little conversation about the new Wrangler. The headlights are really no major concern to me. Just interesting.

I really don't think they'll be square just because D/C is making everything so... retro these days.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
amerijeep said:
Only trying to stir up a little conversation about the new Wrangler. The headlights are really no major concern to me. Just interesting.

I really don't think they'll be square just because D/C is making everything so... retro these days.
Yeah, I know boss. I was just messin with ya. :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
amerijeep said:
Sorry. That's not the new Wrangler.
I sure hope not, but if it's not.....what is? Far as I can tell it is similar to what is under the camo in the spy shots.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NY94YJ said:
I sure hope not, but if it's not.....what is? Far as I can tell it is similar to what is under the camo in the spy shots.
They've kept it under wraps pretty well this time. I expect we'll probably hate it though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts