Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, just purchased a used 2008 Wrangler Sahara and love it almost as much as my wife! I smell a slight oil burn and can't find any leaks anywhere. Having read something about the oil sending unit leaking onto the exhaust manifold and can't find the darn thing.

Does anyone have or can direct me to a diagram to replace it or something that shows the engine with all the sensors depicted? I really appreciate your reading and hooking up another Jeep enthusiast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing that has wires going to it is the temp sending unit or fan switch in the suction side of the lower radiator hose. I just looked at it and on the drivers side I just seen a little wet oil on the block behind the starter. Valve covers, heads and intake gasket areas are also dry. What could be leaking oil behind the starter? I have ordered a manual but it will be several days before it's in my hands. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pic and help. The pic didn't show up until later. I found out the rear of the intake is leaking a little oil. Changed the oil press switch and good to go. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts