Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had my 08 compass 2.4 stock......(was given to me when my 2011 jeep compass started acting up) put on computer bc the check engine light came on as I was on the way to get inspected and had a few codes come up. Was wondering if anyone could help me understand them or maybe refer me to a good jeep mechanic in Millsboro, Delaware I'm a single mom trying to get these things fixed as soon as possible....please help
Gadget Communication Device Video game accessory Recreation Electronic device

Gadget Finger Measuring instrument Font Communication Device

Communication Device Gadget Mobile device Font Electronic device

Finger Gadget Font Communication Device Gas

·
Super Moderator
15,072 Posts
Welcome to the Forum @marnati1001

Good for you for trying to figure out your issue(s) on your own. Sorry I don't know of any repair shops in Delaware. If you state what city in Delaware you might get a suggestion closer to you. You can Google search the readings on your code reader. Simply type the code into the search box on your computer or for a complete list, type "scanner codes".

What concerns me is the note "Implausible Vehicle Configuration Data Received". Was the computer ever replaced? How long have you had the Jeep? What caused you to connect the code reader to the Jeep in the first place? The link below is for a different model Jeep, but the first post can apply to questions about any vehicle. If you read the first post in the link and respond with more info, perhaps someone here can help.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
387 Posts
@marnati1001 welcome here :)

to first 2 of your codes - this is only a basic scanner. You need more sophisticated tools to to properly diagnose the communication failures.
@Luckymac is right, we need more info. Maybe the PCM was replaced and not properly configured or similar.
But 08 MK has couple of issues with wiring. At first check aux fuse box burried below battery and drivers headlight for oxidation - pull every single relay and fuse, clean and check thoroughly.
To get there you need to remove the air duct, battery and battery tray. The same for the TIPM - aka big fuse box under the hood, close to the PCM .Check ground points on both front frame rails. Disconnect the battery, leave it for a while, then reconnect.
PCM compares config with TIPM, if there is a loss of comm then it throws a code.

O2 sensor error - just replace the downstream O2 sensor - behind the cat converter.
Do not know how many miles on your compass, but it is wise to replace both up and downstream at once. Beware of crappy cheap sensors. Go with Mopar or NTK.

·
Registered
2016 JKU Sahara, Auto, Metal Cloak 2.5 lift, 35s, 4.56 gears, front/rear Truetracs
133 Posts
If it were mine I would clear the codes and disconnect both battery terminals overnight to reset the TIPM and ECM. Then hook everything back up and let it run for a few minutes. A reset might be all you need for the first two codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Forum @marnati1001

Good for you for trying to figure out your issue(s) on your own. Sorry I don't know of any repair shops in Delaware. If you state what city in Delaware you might get a suggestion closer to you. You can Google search the readings on your code reader. Simply type the code into the search box on your computer or for a complete list, type "scanner codes".

What concerns me is the note "Implausible Vehicle Configuration Data Received". Was the computer ever replaced? How long have you had the Jeep? What caused you to connect the code reader to the Jeep in the first place? The link below is for a different model Jeep, but the first post can apply to questions about any vehicle. If you read the first post in the link and respond with more info, perhaps someone here can help.

Good Luck, L.M.
Thank u very much! It was actually given to me bc my 2011 jeep compass started acting up....when I was going to take the 08 to get inspected the engine light came on so I had computer hooked up to check it out....so I don't think any of that has been replaced at all. An thank u for all the advice!
If it were mine I would clear the codes and disconnect both battery terminals overnight to reset the TIPM and ECM. Then hook everything back up and let it run for a few minutes. A reset might be all you need for the first two codes.
Thank u for the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts