Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the short story, my jeep had a vibration at idle, shop said engine mounts changed them and that wasn't it.

next another shop said needs new engine, changed engine under warranty and it still vibrates

any ideas?

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
We're going to need some more details if you want good answers. All engines "vibrate". It's a matter of how you define it. I'm thinking it must have been really bad for the engine to be replaced under warranty. Now it's doing the same thing? Maybe you could get some video of it.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
daggo66 said:
We're going to need some more details if you want good answers.
x2. I almost answered "Roar of awesomeness," but figured you wouldn't appreciate it. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not much more to say, touch the gas lightly and it has a vibration, Chrysler must agree because they changed it. The vibration isn't very noticable

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
You asked if anyone had "any ideas". It's going to be hard to suggest something without seeing, hearing, or feeling it. Good luck getting it resolved to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 07 auto just starting do this as well. Cold start, in gear and feeling like a dead cylinder. Just barely touch the gas, it vibrates right through the steering wheel and can even feel it on the floor. Once under way, no vibration. more noticeable when the engine is cold, less when hot.

·
Registered
669 Posts
broken, damaged flex plate/flywheel is the most common.. tensioner bad, accessory pulley bad or accessory bad..
Pilot bearing (manual trans) bad..
Transmission input shaft bearings shot..

that will keep you busy for a while.. surprised that chrysler replaced a motor without doing due diligence to make sure what was wrong especially since it was under warranty..
if the do warranty work and it does not fix the problem they dont get paid..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts