Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased my son a 2008 Jeep Wrangler about 2 years ago. Recently both of the key fobs stopped working at the same time. We have put new batteries into the fobs but it has no effect. Does anyone have any idea what has happened?? I sure would appreciate some help or guidance.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
First - I am one who does not believe in coincidences, so while it may be a coincidence that both fobs quit at the same time, I doubt it. I think it may be more likely that the module that controls the fobs has failed.

You did not say whether or not it is the electric lock/unlock that failed or the sentry key start and run function that has failed. They are separate functions. If the sentry key fails, then the Jeep will actually start but will die after a few seconds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First - I am one who does not believe in coincidences, so while it may be a coincidence that both fobs quit at the same time, I doubt it. I think it may be more likely that the module that controls the fobs has failed.

You did not say whether or not it is the electric lock/unlock that failed or the sentry key start and run function that has failed. They are separate functions. If the sentry key fails, then the Jeep will actually start but will die after a few seconds.
It is the lock and unlock function that has failed, the jeep does not have the remote start option. what is the name of the module that controls the keyless?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts