Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X started to read hot about 3/4 on the gauge and starts blowing out cold air while I have the heat on then will go back down to normal temp range for a while then sporadically go back up at times. I drive 30 minutes to work and 30 minutes back and it does it about twice a trip. This just started this week when it dropped to about 20-30 degrees in Illinois and only when I have the heat on.

Any suggestions to look for that could help?

Thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
100,608 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Reactions: teke3311

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I checked as soon as I got home from work and it looks like towards the bottom of the radiator the coolant is leaking there and doing little spurts that spray the coolant out. There’s quite a bit so i don’t know if it’s a hose or the radiator those are the only two that I’m aware of but I’m not an expert in cars. Could a water pump spray that too or what could be the problem there? I attached images as well to show from above and below B4FF9717-F971-4E93-8CEA-65C061808FC8_1572648417423.jpg B4FF9717-F971-4E93-8CEA-65C061808FC8_1572648417423.jpg

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
both picks are from below BTW

I am leaning more towards the hose clamp by those picks. being a 2008 you probably should redo the whole system. I get most of my parts from rockauto.com and A/C delco parts.

you will need thermostat housing/water pump/hose clamps/rad hoses (upper and lower). Make sure to use HOAT dodge coolant.

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
Hard to tell where it's leaking from those pics, but the symptoms you mention are definitely caused by low coolant levels.

You will just have to get in there like a dirty shirt, identify the leak and fix it. In the mean time if you need to drive it, top the system off, use it for short runs only, and check the levels often....bearing in mind of course that for safety reasons you should never take the cap off a hot system. It'll blow right into your hands and face.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts