Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've gathered I probably either bought an aftermarket radio that does not support factory amplifiers OR the harness they sent me does not support factory amplifiers. My stereo works, reverse camera works, sound does not.

The harness sent with my radio shows I should have a blue wire for the "power antenna/factory amplifier remote turn on" and a blue/white wire for the "factory amplifier remote turn on". My harness has the solid blue wire, but is missing the blue/white wire. The package (from Scosche CR04B) gives me the description of the blue/white wire but it isn't shown in the pictures on Amazon. Is there a way to fix this without returning everything? Maybe send a wire from the 12V ignition wire to the factory harness wire powering the amplifier?

I thought I'd try the cheap option from Amazon...maybe that was my first problem.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TC5N1NH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0B1376/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
14,306 Posts
Not nearly that simple with a can bus vehicle
The amp turn in is via a can buss encoded message to the amp not a 12 volt turn on
Either replace factory amp or bypass it or get a relative expensive box that notices the after market on signal then hooks to can bus and sends amp turn on

Note Chrysler radio can bus comes low speed and high speed and wrangler uses high speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not nearly that simple with a can bus vehicle
The amp turn in is via a can buss encoded message to the amp not a 12 volt turn on
Either replace factory amp or bypass it or get a relative expensive box that notices the after market on signal then hooks to can bus and sends amp turn on

Note Chrysler radio can bus comes low speed and high speed and wrangler uses high speed

Got ya, I will look into bypassing it first. Thanks

·
Registered
14,306 Posts
The can bus Chrysler radio on wire in the stock harness just supplies power to a tiny amp in the antenna base

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up buying a PAC and that got it working, but now I'm missing rear speakers/sub because they apparently won't work with after market stereos & the factory amplifier. I am not sure what to do at this point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts