Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bet everyone has had this pesky problem.
1. check engine light is on along with the gascap message
2. gascap is tight with both teardrops pointed down.
3. lights still on after quit a bit of drive time.

1a. how do I get the engine code to check
1b. do I just disconnect the battery to clear out check engine light and gascap.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Owning a jeep means owning a scanner. I would recommend investing in a Bluetooth OBD scanner for a few bucks and use Torque app to check and clear DTCs.

Sent from my I4293 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, get an ODB ll scanner. I have a Vgate iCar 2 but there are others out there. If you just want to clear error codes then just use the software that comes with the one you buy. If you you want change settings like enable or disable daytime running lights for example, then use an app like JScan that will access the ECUs for a Jeep.
I had the same problem and had to change out the evap canister and evap integrity module to fix. I also replaced the detection leak hose as well. It was easy to do and only took about 15 min. I bought the parts on Quadratec for about 150$. I’ll attach screen shots with the part numbers.
FYI, it’s easier to unbolt the canister from the frame, then take it off the bracket. It adds a few minutes to the process but its easier. View attachment 1 Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts