Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I'm new to the Wrangler forums so I apologize in advance if I sound like a total novice (ps....I am).

For the last year I have had issues with my rear driver's side door not locking when using the automatic locks. This was diagnosed to be a faulty door latch. This weekend I took my jeep to a mechanic to have the door latch installed, and when he gave me back the keys, the windshield wipers would not turn off, the turn signals did not work, the manual option to turn my headlights on/off did not work, and my high-beams lights did not work.

I asked the mechanic what he had done, and he stated he just replaced the door latch by taking off the door panel and also had checked the fuses during the initial diagnosis.

He was at a loss for how to address the new issues, anybody have any thoughts on what could be going on? I would be very grateful for any information.

Thanks,

Barry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out that when the mechanic had messed with the fuses, he shorted out my multi-function switch. Replaced and fixed. ~$200 at the dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts