Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my battery. Afterwards I started to experience an error code (MECH ERROR) on my REQ radio. When Jeep first starts up radio appears ok but after a minute or 2 in displays that error. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I see this is an old thread. My 2008 JKU just started doing this. Radio is fine for 1st minute running, then radio displays "MECH ERROR". Most functions on the radio still work. From doing my research this appears to happen when a disc is jammed inside the radio. The thing is I've never once inserted a disc in the 2 years I've owned the jeep. I've disconnected the battery overnight and also did a hard reset on the TIPM with no luck. Any ideas on what to try next?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I see this is an old thread. My 2008 JKU just started doing this. Radio is fine for 1st minute running, then radio displays "MECH ERROR". Most functions on the radio still work. From doing my research this appears to happen when a disc is jammed inside the radio. The thing is I've never once inserted a disc in the 2 years I've owned the jeep. I've disconnected the battery overnight and also did a hard reset on the TIPM with no luck. Any ideas on what to try next?
I'd actually try cycling a CD in and out a few times and see if that fixes it - maybe it's a sensor on the load/unload mechanism or something that is getting confused.

-Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts