Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

New here and also new to Jeeps. I recently purchased a 2008 Sahara Unlimited and I am thinking of purchasing a new complete set of wheels / tires.

As I am not super knowledgable I came here for recommendations and or opinions.

And the questions I have...

1. What is the largest tire size that I can fit without a lift or spacers?
2. What are some good manufactures of black steel or alloy wheels?
3. What are some good daily drivers / weekend light trail riding tires?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
453 Posts
You also need to ask yourself, what size tires you want to run? Once you answer that, then everything else falls into place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips!

I think I want to run 33" tires as they will be slightly bigger then stock but also not huge.

I'm looking for a good street tire that also has some off-road edge, any suggestions?

Also what are some good 15/16 inch black wheels to match the above recommended tire?

And finally, would a wheel spacer prevent 33" from rubbing on full turn, or can we accomplish a no rub from the rim depth?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here's what I'd suggest: either MB TKO's with the Chaos center caps, OR MB 72's. Mount a set of 33" Duratracs, you'll be all set. I used to have Duratracs on my old TJ and they were great tires, looked good, performed well and not noisy at all. Discount Tire can set you up, they have great prices and deals all the time. Hope this helps. Pictured is my 08 with 35's on 15" MB TKO's

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Great suggestions.

The stock bolt pattern is 5x5, can I mount 5x4.5 wheels? Or would I just use my stock bolts to get that final half inch of length, or does it not matter?

Back spacing recommendations? Less then 4.5 would 3 be too much or is it really a style preference?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the look of the MB 72's.

However I can't find anywhere online flat black MB 72s 15x8 5x127mm wheels anywhere!?

Any suggestions OR any looking to sell 5 of theres?

·
Registered
9 Posts
These are some MB TKOs like bigcheese there on 33's. Those wheels are really popular among Jeepers I've come to find out.

image-3928012413.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know where one can buy
Matte Black MB 72 15x10 5x127mm or
Matte Black MB TKOs 15x10 5x127mm

Can't find them anywhere online. Also I'm going to get the general grabber at2 33" tires. They are rated for a 8.5-12 rim size. Would running 8" rim widths be ok or is going with 10" more advisable?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone know where one can buy Matte Black MB 72 15x10 5x127mm or Matte Black MB TKOs 15x10 5x127mm Can't find them anywhere online. Also I'm going to get the general grabber at2 33" tires. They are rated for a 8.5-12 rim size. Would running 8" rim widths be ok or is going with 10" more advisable? Thanks again!
Look on Discount Tire Direct. They have lots of MB wheels

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Anyone know where one can buy
Matte Black MB 72 15x10 5x127mm or
Matte Black MB TKOs 15x10 5x127mm

Can't find them anywhere online. Also I'm going to get the general grabber at2 33" tires. They are rated for a 8.5-12 rim size. Would running 8" rim widths be ok or is going with 10" more advisable?

Thanks again!

You'd be on running 33x12.5 on an 8 inch rim. I have MB72s from discount tire direct. They may not list them on their site. I actually found the listing through their ebay store. I called them to verify that they really had them or if it was a fluke. I'm glad I did. DTD gave extra discount for wrangler forum membership. Free shipping. I ended up being around 90/rim and had them in 2 days. Check my build thread for pics if needed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here's what I'd suggest: either MB TKO's with the Chaos center caps, OR MB 72's. Mount a set of 33" Duratracs, you'll be all set. I used to have Duratracs on my old TJ and they were great tires, looked good, performed well and not noisy at all. Discount Tire can set you up, they have great prices and deals all the time. Hope this helps. Pictured is my 08 with 35's on 15" MB TKO's
Are you running a lift I assume so ?.. How much?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes, I installed a 3" lift (coils/shocks). I was informed by the guys at Discount Tire that I needed a lift before they would install the tires. I was taken a little aback by that, but planned on the lift before the tires anyway. I guess getting them shipped to me would have avoided all that. I think the tires were needed after the lift, don"t you think?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts