Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. new here and looking for some information.. From Pittsbrugh PA

I have a 2008 Wrangerl four door.. I just blew the motor basicly.. looking for a good replacement and to upgrade this new replacement.. I was just trail riding.. came out of the trails..stopped at store... when I started it up.. I could hear the bearings and rod tapping away... ugh!! Thanks in advance.

Jeep is not lifted.. all stock except for wheels and tires.. pro comp wheels with 305 tires...
If you know a good place to get the engine and where to have it installed, that is a super plus..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what I thought. called the jeep dealer today and they said the warranty is expired... idk... gonna call another jeep dealer tomorrow.

and I am in Pittsburgh, PA USA..but thx for the offer!

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Pretty sure the 3.8 factory has been shut down.

But I bet you can get remanufactured ones pretty cheap--check with jasper engines, and google "remanufactured engines" generally.

Also, what are you looking to spend? Now would be a great time for a hemi swap. With used parts, I understand it can be done for around $13k--new parts clock in in the low $20k area. Google "jeep speed shop" to get a sense of what's involved in a used hemi swap, google "Burnsville offroad" for new.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Depends what you want to end up with... you can rebuild your motor, as it has to come out anyway... or call some wreckers and try find one with lower miles that is good. Where I live, insurance companies are also worth checking as some keep their own salvage yards... some just send everything to auction.

Either way... I can't see the job being done for less than $5K if you pay for it... and I don't know if it is something you'd have the gear to do yourself...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Used 3.8 engines arent all that expensive, the labor of the install will be costly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked on warranty.. all dealers say no, only left is the emissions, trans lines and rust.. IDk.. waranty book says life time.. gonna keep calling.. and thx everyone for the info!!

·
The Bad Guy
23,181 Posts
Shooter_cqb said:
I checked on warranty.. all dealers say no, only left is the emissions, trans lines and rust.. IDk.. waranty book says life time.. gonna keep calling.. and thx everyone for the info!!
Are you the original owner? The ltptw only applies to the original owner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts