Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 JKU Rear Sway Bar

Okay guys I have been searching high and low for the answer to this question and have not had much luck. I purchased my JK several months back and with some help on this forum I found out that the previous owner put a 2.5" lift on and removed the sway bars. At least that's what somebody on here told me. The front sway bar seems to be a pretty easy fix but the rear I am having trouble with. Finding a replacement bar for the rear seems to be more difficult than the front. Also, I do not see any where the rear sway bar would be attached. Does anybody have any diagrams or pictures that would help out? Does a 2008 have a rear sway bar? If the 2008 has a rear sway should I even bother putting it back?

I have attached some pictures of my rear suspension:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I figured it out. After closer examination it looks like they cut the abs off that were part of the shock bracket.
Not really sure why they cut them off? Now to figure out a way to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
23,770 Posts
yup you got it. Really should have one.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
I operate without sway bars as well. Have been for 2 years now without issue. I find the ride better... but then I have a pretty stiff 3" lift with falcon 3.3 shocks. I find I don't really need SB's

If it makes you feel uncomfortable though, I would do the front and not worry about the rear. It doesn't really do a whole heck of a lot anyway, comparatively speaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts