Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new to the forum. I am looking at a 2009 Rubicon with the 3.8 V6. I heard a pro's and con's about this motor. Anyone have any input...??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hubby has a 2011 Rubi with the 3.8. I've got a 2012 Sport with a 3.6. The only thing he ever comments on between the two is he can move out of people's way in heavy traffic faster when driving mine. The difference is pretty minor unless horsepower is a big thing for you. On the trail, fun factor is pretty darn equal.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
It isn't a marvel of technology, but obviously has done the job for a few years of Jeep duty. Depending on the price of the 09, you might want to look at the 12+ which have the 3.6l... which itself has had some teething issues...

The 3.8 is no rocket, but I like to recall that my first Tacoma had only 160hp, and my second Taco only 190... while the 3.8 tops 200hp. The 3.6 goes up to 280+ or something, so obviously it's a big step up...

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I'm totally satisfied with my 10 Rubi (3.8). Although, like the 09, I have 4.10's. Having a 6spd helps also with the 3.8. No oil issues either. If you like the 09 and it checks out, get it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the input. I will post pics on the forum as soon as I get it or get one...

Thanks again...I am sure I will have more questions..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts