Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have the idle stumble problem. Looking around on the forum and I find that the suggested problem might be a dirty IAC valve. So, I go looking for it in my 2009 JKU and I don’t seem to find it – at least I don’t find anything that matches the descriptions from the other posts. So, the question is does the 2009 3.8 V6 have one, if so where is it and what does it look like?

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
It's held onto the throttle body via two T-25 torx bolts I believe on the engine-side of the throttle body. remove the IAC via those two screws and then clean its solenoid actuated plunger gently with aerosol throttle body cleaner and a toothbrush. Use a small brush to also clean the opening the plunger fits into which is how the air gets into the throttle body. If either is dirty, air can have trouble getting into the engine when the engine is idling.hope that helps

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, not really - when you say engine side of the throttle body, do you mean the underside of it? Where is it in relation to the electronic throttle control assy - Which on my throttle body, is on the left side when looking at it from the front of the engine.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
The side closer to the engine

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I must be missing something. My throttle body sits centered at the front of the engine between the valve covers on both sides. so from that attached photo, I would look to the left or the right of the intake hose from the aircleaner?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts