Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around for a good scanner antenna mount for the front and have had no luck. I'm debating on this mount that I've made but not sure of the position; I like that the antenna will have a clear view but looks a little awkward to me but not sure. What do you think as far as reception? The antenna is an Everhardt tiger scanner antenna which I had mounted on my Nissan Titan. The coax has not been ran until I see how it holds up to daily driving. If it holds up I plan on using a Firestik Fire ring or something similar to get it to my radio. To make this mount work I had to move it forward to line up with existing fender mounting bolts.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
IF that setup is only for a DD it will work great.

If you take that thing into the pucker brush, I'm not sure it'll hold up. A spring would help out. Also, Teraflex (and others I'm sure) make a good mount for behind a tail light. Keeps everything tucked out of the way of most of the tree/brush damage.

My CB works perfectly with the antenna back aft on a 4' firestik (spring mounted to the teraflex mount).

·
Registered
222 Posts
One thing IV heard mention about where you mounted is there is a concern about flexing of the fender.
As stated in the previous post, a spring should help.
The mount should be 8" from the rear of the fender.
As a side note, Cool Tech also has a cb mount that replaces the license plate mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts