Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on here a lot and reading about lift kits... I want to do a 2.5" with 33's or 35's. I noticed that teraflex was fairly popular. Just trying to find out a good brand of lift kit to go with. Any help is great! Pictures are welcome too!

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
No problem. You may still have questions after you read that. If so fire away!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I went with the TF 2.5 lift kit. I bought the one with the shocks included. At first it felt stuff but after some use it rides real nice now.

I had 33's on there at first and felt they were small so I upgraded to 35's and didnt look back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked a question on there.. No reply.. Lol
What's your recommendation for a 2.5" with 35" that rides similar to stock (the smoothness)? It's my daily driver and used MAYBE 4 times a year for offroading. I was looking at the rancho 2" on that other thread. I have been extremely torn between teraflex and skyjacker. I started out wanted teraflex but spoke to someone with skyjacker and her said the company is wonderful and helpful with replacement parts.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
I asked a question on there.. No reply.. Lol
What's your recommendation for a 2.5" with 35" that rides similar to stock (the smoothness)? It's my daily driver and used MAYBE 4 times a year for offroading. I was looking at the rancho 2" on that other thread. I have been extremely torn between teraflex and skyjacker. I started out wanted teraflex but spoke to someone with skyjacker and her said the company is wonderful and helpful with replacement parts.
Rancho kit is a awesome choice. There's a bunch of great kits. It's the height that will get you. Over 3" which most 2.5's end up at need more components to ride well. The rancho kit will keep you at a safe height not really affecting the ride much. Good shocks make a huge difference too. The 9000's in that kit are awesome :thumb:

·
Vendor
2,910 Posts
Cool! Thanks so much! So rancho is the best bet?
For the price point it will be hard to bet. You need to ask yourself, will you be upgrading down the road? I started back in the day with a YJ. I thought 31's are the biggest I will ever go..... ended up on 37's and a whole new drivetrain. :doh:

My 2013, I went all in, right off the bat. I need to do a cage, down the road steering assist.... but I have 2500 miles on mine and don't drive (unless to a destination to wheel) that much.

:punk:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't plan on much ( if any ) upgrading after this. It is my daily driver, and I want the ride to be fairly smooth.

Awesome jeep 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts