Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2010 Wrangler. I have always wanted one living on this island and finally decided to stop driving pick up trucks and get one. I love it but like everyone says it needs a little umph.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER
Yes i drive a jeep, i dont need speed. The fun of a jeep is taking the top off and rolling at 20 mph with the kids in the back seat soaking up the sun. Please dont contribute to this post by saying its a waste of money or anything like that.

That being said I have explored around this site a lot. On my last truck a 05 F150 FX4 i had the following mods. KN CAI, Gibson headers, exhaust, and an edge tuner. These minor mods really woke up my truck.

Looking at the KN CAI i do see that the power numbers are not their. A 4 hp increase at 4500 rpm is an area where i will never be. Plus the factory tube is not long and is not ridged to bad. So i wanted to ask a couple of questions:

If i WAS to decide to get a KN CAI for the simple fact that i like wrenching on my vehicles I would have to add an exhaust and headers too...:whistling: What exhaust will work well with the jeep? I want something that is not too much louder. The muffler is under the vehicle not 6 feet back like it was in my pick up.

Also regearing....... OK this is something i have not dealt with. My Ford has a 3.73 and it was good. I occasionally tow a 13 foot whaler with a 40 hp engine 1.5 miles to the beach and back. What would regearing do for me with the mindset that I am staying stock rims and tires for at least the forseable future and if i was to get larger tires i would not do anything to wild. I dont go hardcore offroading. MY f150 with the quad cab could get me down to the tide pools the only problem was the tight turns on the trail.

Thanks guys looking forward to getting some feedback here like i did on the ford forums.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
WELCOME TO WF :wavey:

on the regearing topic. It is only needed when going to in the case of the JK's over a 33 in most cases but never under a 33 so if your staying stock or near it then you will not have to worry about spending 1500 bucks give or take a few hundred dollars on regearing

·
Super Moderator
53,779 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
i drive a '11 and have a flow master in the rear which removed 180 degrees of pipe turns and it increased my low end power significantly. noticed the change as soon as i jumped in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aren't the flow masters a lot louder than the stock set up. On my 98 4.6 f150 the flow master was LOUD. That's why I went with gibsons dual out on my second truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah they are a lot more loud, its all compromises you know? to me its worth it sense half the time i have my top off and its loud anyways. cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts