Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a dumb question, but, how do you get the clips into the locking position ??? I ran a search with no response. (especially the one that is facing the engine no room to get to it ) does it take a special tool??? Thanks for the assist, Bob- :banghead::crash:

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
You have to make sure that the filter is correctly seated and the cover is on properly. If everything is on correctly, just apply pressure on the rounded middle part of the clip and it should pop right on. If it won't pop on chances are that the lid is not seated properly.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Yeah, I has to tinker for a little while too, but there's no special tool or technique. It's just a little awkward.

Like Daggo said, you just need to make sure everything is seated properly and then apply pressure to the clip. If it's taking a lot of force or the clips appear not to reach where they need to go, it's not on right.

Regarding the clips that are hard to reach, maybe just try a large flathead screw driver. I remember thinking that it was good I didn't have large hands.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
filter re-install

Thanks guys, I'll try seating the filter (YES, I DO HAVE BIG HANDS) I bought a Green Filter wanted to compare it to a K&N filter
Part of the problem also. may be the fact that the Green Filter is much more rigged then the K&N, or the factory filter. :crash:

·
Registered
180 Posts
3 of them go on easy by pushing in the middle of the clip. I use a big screwdriver as mentioned above, to push the one on closest to the radiator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts