Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. I found a guy selling two sets of replacement fabric and and brand new set of tinted windows for a 2012 JKU for $150. Seems like a pretty good deal. I just need to know will fabric for a 2012 fit on the frame for a 2010 JKU. I know they changed the design for the rear window one year but I can't remember which year. Either way if it will fit on a 2010 frame I would be good since I'd be getting the rear window for a 2012. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Pretty sure the only difference between 2010 and 2012 is the size of the windows. The cable retention system was added in 2010. The rear windows were made bigger in 2011. I somewhat doubt the frame is different to accommodate the window size.

Of course, nothing is guaranteed, since I haven't tried it myself.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure the only difference between 2010 and 2012 is the size of the windows. The cable retention system was added in 2010. The rear windows were made bigger in 2011. I somewhat doubt the frame is different to accommodate the window size.

Of course, nothing is guaranteed, since I haven't tried it myself.
Appreciate the input. I'm hoping all will be fine. The last top I got was brand new but somehow got a 2 inch long rip in the top while sitting in the guys garage. He did give me back my $150 on it which was awesome on his part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts