Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Uniden compact CB radio. It is the kind that plugs into your 12 volt adapter and all the controls are on the mike.
Anyway, on the trail, I hate having all of the wires (three in all) getting all wrapped around the shipter because the current 12 V are on either side of the shifter in the lower center.
Anyway, my thought was to have a 12V receiver up in the sound bar. That way I could also run my antenna wire to the sound bar and install another speaker either in the sound bar or in the roll bar padding.
Everything would be behind and above me so, I would not be getting all tangled up in wires.
Has anyone ever seen or dome this kind of a setup?

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
I have a Uniden compact CB radio. It is the kind that plugs into your 12 volt adapter and all the controls are on the mike.
Anyway, on the trail, I hate having all of the wires (three in all) getting all wrapped around the shipter because the current 12 V are on either side of the shifter in the lower center.
Anyway, my thought was to have a 12V receiver up in the sound bar. That way I could also run my antenna wire to the sound bar and install another speaker either in the sound bar or in the roll bar padding.
Everything would be behind and above me so, I would not be getting all tangled up in wires.
Has anyone ever seen or dome this kind of a setup?
It seems like it would be easy enough to do. Radio Shack will have the Power Outlet so you'll just have to run feed wires up to it. Make sure you take pictures if you decide to do the install! Let me know if you have questions.

-Ryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts