Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,

I am approaching 60,000 miles :jawdrop: in my 2010 jk sport unlimites and just need to know what services I need to have done and which services I should do myself. I am pretty savvy enough to do a few things myself with only about 3 trips to the auto parts store per job. I do not have my owners manual and just need to know what services I should consider since I am hitting the big milestone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
971 Posts
I would replace spark plugs, wires,belts and hoses as well as coolant and all lube fluids and flush brake system.
Some will say this is overkill but I feel its cheap insurance. Throw the old belt in the back and keep it for a spare as a broken belt will leave you stranded.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys I have been lazy and found it myself!

Here it is straight from the owners manual online...

60,000 Miles (100,000 km) or 60 Months Maintenance Service Schedule
❏ Change the engine oil and engine oil filter.
❏ Rotate tires.
❏ Replace the engine air cleaner filter.
❏ Inspect the brake linings, replace if necessary.
❏ Adjust parking brake on vehicles equipped with four-wheel disc brakes.
❏ Change the manual transmission fluid if using your vehicle for any of the following: trailer towing, snow plowing, heavy loading, taxi, police,
delivery service (commercial service), off-road, desert operation or more than 50% of your driving is at sustained high speeds during hot
weather, above 90°F (32°C).
❏ Change the automatic transmission fluid and main sump filter if using your vehicle for any of the following: police, taxi, fleet or frequent trailer
towing.
❏ Change the transfer case fluid if using your vehicle for any of the following: police, taxi, fleet, off-road or frequent trailer towing.
❏ Flush and replace the engine coolant at 60 months if not done at 102,000 miles (170 000 km).
❏ Inspect the front suspension, tie rod ends and boot seals; replace if necessary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts