Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Latest....I cut and modified the stock 4 door fuel tank skid plate to work with the 2 door fuel tank, I sectioned and was able to wrap the side around front of tank to help protect it.

So the 2dr fuel tank, fuel pump and -6an fuel line was installed today

I used quick connect fittings on the fuel pump and fuel rail and exits the vette covers as its ment to

Also picked up a Mastertool AC crimping tool and ferrules to make up the AC lines

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wheres that smack nut Ls1TJ jackass been, made that statement of butchered install

Simply love fucjing idiots with no actual experience

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Got the AC lines made, had no problem using the jeeps fittings and Silverado fittings.
I'll finish off the lines with some black power braid

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
With use of my crimp tool I was able to make a set of trans lines.
I used factory 6L90 truck lines and removed flex section, then slid -6 an over the barb and tied them together using a 6 ferrule. This gives me strength of factory hardline for offroading while allowing me to have use of AN fittings and hose

Using a trucool 40k that was blacked out should keep this 6l90 well under 150* even on the trails

I also bought a set of mopar factory clear lights from a newer model JK

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Got the shifter and transfercase cables hooked up

Used a 6l90 bracket modded and bolted to pan ran while flipping the shifter arm 180* to be able to work with the jeeps shift cable, has full range of gear section

Transfercase cable was simple, just had to mod the stock bracket and then bolted to back of GM trans

Next up tackle the wiring

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Small touches always add to a build, even if its something most wont notice or care about. Picked up a factory LS2 decal for the throttle body that came on the GTOs. In this pic the overflow was added along with the catchcan/breather tank
I chose to ditch the stock style pcv since it always sucks oil into the intake which gets to the pistons and can cause issues with combustion, so each valve cover has -10 off it which feeds the breather tank

Next up is to tackle the wiring, this will consist of mating the V8 engine harness to the v6 engine harness then joining them to work with the body harness, programming of the v8 pcm, programming of the v6 pcm and programming of the body module to make this swap as OEM as possible.

As you can see down to minimal things left

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ended up using the battery, alternator and ground cables from a gmt900 Silverado.
The 12-18 battery tray positions the battery same as the Silverado does.
I made two holes in bottom of tray to route the cables and all worked well.
Even the factory ground that goes to Silverado support to ground the body reached the rad support on the jeep.
The main engine ground is now on back of passenger head vs front of passenger head

Using the silverado cables, you get a 175amp fuse vs a fusible link the jeep had and much larger battery and ground cables to help with the poor charging of the jeeps electrical system

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
What remains of the c100 harness, enough to power the jeeps pcm and the loose wires will be what powers the LS sensors....doing so will allow the GM sensors to use the same fuses the Chrysler sensors used.

Next up will be to go thru the LS harness

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Past two days were spent, modifying and mounting the PCM tray. Once tray was mounted then was time to work on harness.

Started with a truck harness and reworked it to work best for this build, removed unnecessary wires and plugs this swap wont be using, rerouted wires to new locations, pulled out the wires needed for the pedal and the OBD2 port, I separated all the wires that will be mated with the jeeps C100 harness and wrapped the harness with new wire loom
Doing so will make this harness fully integrated to the jeep

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
We finally have a full harness

The LS harness was mated to the Jeeps C100 harness and its pcm harness.

All necessary plugs and sensors are in placed, everything is ran thru the Jeeps Auto Shut Down circuit just as the jeep motor was, the trigger for the 6L90 4Lo strategy was also added ( this was done so the trans would know how to shift when the jeeps transfercase is in 4Lo) the jeeps ESP was retained

The combination of the two PCMs control everything to function as one running vehicle.

Couple small things left and hopefully can do first fire over weekend.

Harness was tucked best I could, sucks the c100 plug is right out in the open (just didnt have it in me to rework that)

Attachments

41 - 50 of 50 Posts