Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ended up using the battery, alternator and ground cables from a gmt900 Silverado.
The 12-18 battery tray positions the battery same as the Silverado does.
I made two holes in bottom of tray to route the cables and all worked well.
Even the factory ground that goes to Silverado support to ground the body reached the rad support on the jeep.
The main engine ground is now on back of passenger head vs front of passenger head

Using the silverado cables, you get a 175amp fuse vs a fusible link the jeep had and much larger battery and ground cables to help with the poor charging of the jeeps electrical system

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
What remains of the c100 harness, enough to power the jeeps pcm and the loose wires will be what powers the LS sensors....doing so will allow the GM sensors to use the same fuses the Chrysler sensors used.

Next up will be to go thru the LS harness

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Past two days were spent, modifying and mounting the PCM tray. Once tray was mounted then was time to work on harness.

Started with a truck harness and reworked it to work best for this build, removed unnecessary wires and plugs this swap wont be using, rerouted wires to new locations, pulled out the wires needed for the pedal and the OBD2 port, I separated all the wires that will be mated with the jeeps C100 harness and wrapped the harness with new wire loom
Doing so will make this harness fully integrated to the jeep

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
We finally have a full harness

The LS harness was mated to the Jeeps C100 harness and its pcm harness.

All necessary plugs and sensors are in placed, everything is ran thru the Jeeps Auto Shut Down circuit just as the jeep motor was, the trigger for the 6L90 4Lo strategy was also added ( this was done so the trans would know how to shift when the jeeps transfercase is in 4Lo) the jeeps ESP was retained

The combination of the two PCMs control everything to function as one running vehicle.

Couple small things left and hopefully can do first fire over weekend.

Harness was tucked best I could, sucks the c100 plug is right out in the open (just didnt have it in me to rework that)

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Worked on the exhaust for this build, all 4" stainless with a stainless 40 series flowmaster.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Got the jeeps Y pipe built, used a set of magnaflow magnapaks to help tame the sound some and help with any rasp or drone

The Y pipe is dual 2.5 into single 4 merge

All of the exhaust tubing is 304 ss

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Heres few pics of my air intake, it's a volant box that I had from the 3.8, the air tube is currently tacked but will be welded off shortly

I'll be modding the lid to work with our ram-air hood, this way motor gets cool air along with having a filter that is protected

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Got the intake welded up, debating if want to clear it or do texture black

Attachments

41 - 54 of 54 Posts