Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my JKU sway bar started blinking. Then a few days later the dash lit up like a christmas tree. Disconnected battery and only the sway bar light was blinking and everything else seemed fine.

Yesterday I go out to unlock Jeep and the doors won't unlock with keyfob. Unlock jeep, alarm sounds, start Jeep and alarm stops but dash blinking like crazy again along with it now telling me the oil is hot. Pulled over, disconnected battery and now Jeep won't start but horn blares and all the lights work, radio, and ac. Managed to get the horn to stop but that is it. Had it towed to dealership who has stated that something "took a bite out of the wiring harness and the actuator got wet". The wiring harness and actuator replacement will run $1600.

Can anyone out there advise me on what wiring harness and actuator I could be dealing with? I'd rather not pay the dealership

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am assuming a critter had dinner on your wiring. As far as actuator im assuming the sway bar disconnect. a lot of assuming here and you know what happens when you assume. ask the dealer for details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upon inspection, the only damage is inside the plug that goes into the actuator. It is MELTED not chewed. Now trying to confirm part numbers to replace actuator and wire harness if anyone can assist.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Disconnect the harness, see if the rest of the problems go away.

I am not familiar with the rubicon stuff, so I dont know where it disconnects.

There is a manual knob upgrade for the actuator, it removes the electronic part of the swaybar which is very prone to failure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeep runs with harness disconnected. Would have been nice if dealership had told me instead of me having it towed home.
I believe I have found the part number 68044411AA. Hoping it includes everything I need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts