Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking around at prices. i found a rubicon unlimited with 59k for $25K. its in real good condition and from a jeep dealership. how is the price? im new to jeeps so asking for opinions. it has upgraded system with woofer in back and also the stereo screen up front..not sure if jeep calls it a navigation system or soemthing else.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Start by pricing in KBB then go to your local listing and see what equivalent Jeeps are selling in your area and others. It's too bad it's a Jeep dealer because dealers to negotiate more on used vehicle brands they don't sell.

It's out of warranty to check to see if it has been driven off road; just check the undercarriage, it is usually obvious. That is a good point to negotiate the price down. Keep in mind Jeeps particularly Rubi's hold their price well. A 1 year old Rubi can cost nearly as much as new one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Start by pricing in KBB then go to your local listing and see what equivalent Jeeps are selling in your area and others. It's too bad it's a Jeep dealer because dealers to negotiate more on used vehicle brands they don't sell.

It's out of warranty to check to see if it has been driven off road; just check the undercarriage, it is usually obvious. That is a good point to negotiate the price down. Keep in mind Jeeps particularly Rubi's hold their price well. A 1 year old Rubi can cost nearly as much as new one.
good tip..thanks

·
Registered
560 Posts
It is 2010 so it could be almost 5 years old so that mean the depreciation is $2000 per year.

Do yourself a favor and save up a little and perhaps get a few less options and buy a new one.

Also if you are financing the new car financing is less expensive then then used. Stretch out the payment as much as possible... Get the a new one.

Join tread lightly for $60 and you will be able to buy below dealer invoice.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
It is 2010 so it could be almost 5 years old so that mean the depreciation is $2000 per year.

$25k for a used Rubicon - assuming it's in good condition isn't a bad deal. The only big thing to consider is the 2010 has the 3.8 and if you purchase 2012+ you get the 3.6 which is a significant improvement.

Do yourself a favor and save up a little and perhaps get a few less options and buy a new one.

Big difference between $25k and a new Rubicon which can easily be around $33-35k, but obviously new is always better!

Also if you are financing the new car financing is less expensive then then used. Stretch out the payment as much as possible... Get the a new one.

NEVER stretch your payment out as long as possible, makes no sense - however in a Wrangler it might be one of maybe 5 vehicles on the road you could take an 84 month loan on and not take a bath in the future. Finance for as SHORT of a time as you can afford and by all means please try and stay away from anything longer than 72 months.

Join tread lightly for $60 and you will be able to buy below dealer invoice.
It's $100, and you'll get 1% below invoice on a new Jeep, but you can always try and go lower if you're comfortable negotiating.

Good luck to the OP...

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
A co-worker just sold his 2011 Rubicon for $24000.00 with 80,000 miles on it. If this helps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got my 2008 JKUR with 42000 miles for $24000. Certified used from the dealership, with some warranty left on it. Body & interior is in excellent shape, no signs of off-roaduse. Most likely owned by a soccer mom. I feel like the price was high-ish, but after a lot of negotiating I settled for the price I got ( $750 less than the ticket).

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I got my 2008 JKUR with 42000 miles for $24000. Certified used from the dealership, with some warranty left on it. Body & interior is in excellent shape, no signs of off-roaduse. Most likely owned by a soccer mom. I feel like the price was high-ish, but after a lot of negotiating I settled for the price I got ( $750 less than the ticket).
You got a pretty good deal! Wouldn't a "certified" used come with an extended warranty? I feel like dealers just like to use that word now...

·
Registered
85 Posts
You got a pretty good deal! Wouldn't a "certified" used come with an extended warranty? I feel like dealers just like to use that word now...
The warranty it came with is for 8 years, 80,000 miles (whichever first) - 8yrs ending in 2016. They tried to hawk an "extended warranty" on me for a few thousand to which I did not bite. I did however have a few items fixed quickly after purchase:
- battery - replaced with brand new after failure 3 weeks in
- radio (Nav unit) - replaced with brand new after touchscreen failure 2 days in
- soft top - replaced with slightly used (better condition) after reporting wind noise/air leak

Overall I'm very satisfied with the service center, & much more so than that actual dealership. Very friendly, helpful and replaced parts no questions asked.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
The warranty it came with is for 8 years, 80,000 miles (whichever first) - 8yrs ending in 2016. They tried to hawk an "extended warranty" on me for a few thousand to which I did not bite. I did however have a few items fixed quickly after purchase: - battery - replaced with brand new after failure 3 weeks in - radio (Nav unit) - replaced with brand new after touchscreen failure 2 days in - soft top - replaced with slightly used (better condition) after reporting wind noise/air leak Overall I'm very satisfied with the service center, & much more so than that actual dealership. Very friendly, helpful and replaced parts no questions asked.[/QUOTE

Nice! Sounds like you got a good deal! Congrats.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
At first, I was considering buying used, but after seeing 2007-2008 JKU's selling for ~$25K, I decided to go new, it did take me some while to find a dealer to go with a great deal. With new, you get a better finance rate and you have piece of mind warranty, just my opinion....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts