Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2010 Soft Top seals part number help, leaking passenger side

Hi Guys,
I'm experiencing some leak on the passenger side soft top. I think i found the problem. I've ordered the seals for the side of the headers and have installed them today. Mopar PN# 68078452AA. I just need help in identifying the seals that are on top of the door surrounds please.

These are the seals for the header:

MOPAR 68078452AA - MOPAR® Soft Top Foam Tape Seal Kit for 11-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Passenger Side Header Seal Installed:

Driver Side Header Seal Installed:

Passenger Side Door Surround Seal (As you can see, it's in bad shape):

Driver Side Door Surround Seal (Looks OK, lots better than passenger side)

·
Registered
202 Posts
RG...you ever wind up buying that kit? My wife's JKU is leaking bad at the corners and am needing to replace the seals. Was going to get both kits, but had no idea of installation of the $129 kit.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RG...you ever wind up buying that kit? My wife's JKU is leaking bad at the corners and am needing to replace the seals. Was going to get both kits, but had no idea of installation of the $129 kit.
I purchased the $11 kit but not the $130 kit. I went to my local Ace and bought a roll of similar foam insulation instead. Mine still leaks a bit, looks like it may be my passenger side door molding.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I purchased the $11 kit but not the $130 kit. I went to my local Ace and bought a roll of similar foam insulation instead. Mine still leaks a bit, looks like it may be my passenger side door molding.
I bought both kits. Found the Jeep writeup from the TSB for the "repair" and it shows there where all the pcs of the $129 kit go. Wasn't too jazzed about getting the kit, but I've been through countless weatherstripping/foam insulation products that the wife just ordered it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought both kits. Found the Jeep writeup from the TSB for the "repair" and it shows there where all the pcs of the $129 kit go. Wasn't too jazzed about getting the kit, but I've been through countless weatherstripping/foam insulation products that the wife just ordered it.
Good luck! Let us know if both kits fixes your leaks.

·
Registered
334 Posts

what do you mean by "TSB" ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Where's that TSB? I want to see where all these go before I drop $130. Is there nowhere those rail seals are available aftermarket?

Charles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts