Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just got a "new" 2010 Unlimited. Used to have a CJ5 years ago so really enjoying being back in a Jeep!

The Jeep came with some modifications, most notably some kind of lift kit.

After doing some research on here I think it may be the Rough Country kit, but not sure. Also have no idea on what height it is.

The tires are P255/75R17.

Any more information would be greatly appreciated, also any recommendations on trouble areas on these models, things to look for, recommended engine, drive, trans, suspension upgrades, etc!

First up is a GOBI stealth rack for my Cascadia RTT, then duratec's.

Thanks!

Photo Aug 06, 12 41 06 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 06, 12 42 05 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 06, 12 41 25 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 06, 12 41 39 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 06, 12 41 53 PM.jpg

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks like a Rough Country 2.5" lift to me. Rough Country and Rubicon Express both have gray springs and shocks but your springs are progressive rate so that rules out the Rubicon Express kit. It also looks like you still have the stock control arms, no brakeline extension and no track bar relocation. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Any more information would be greatly appreciated, also any recommendations on trouble areas on these models, things to look for, recommended engine, drive, trans, suspension upgrades, etc!
Check your oil every fill-up until you know if it uses oil. If it does, do research on possible fixes. If it doesn't, continue checking oil when filling up!

Heater cores have had issues- search and you'll find threads.

If it's got a lift, you might wish to read through the death wobble sticky.

Those tires are too small.

Welcome back, and don't forget to wave!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a Rough Country 2.5" lift to me. Rough Country and Rubicon Express both have gray springs and shocks but your springs are progressive rate so that rules out the Rubicon Express kit. It also looks like you still have the stock control arms, no brakeline extension and no track bar relocation. Hope this helps.
Thanks nick! I think your exactly right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check your oil every fill-up until you know if it uses oil. If it does, do research on possible fixes. If it doesn't, continue checking oil when filling up!

Heater cores have had issues- search and you'll find threads.

If it's got a lift, you might wish to read through the death wobble sticky.

Those tires are too small.

Welcome back, and don't forget to wave!
I'll definitely keep my eye open for that stuff, much appreciated.

I agree with the tires, I really need the rack for the roof top tent, but im starting to think the new wheels/tires are going to be more important. I was going to go with 33's but have debated 35's with a new lift within the year... Any suggestion to go one way vs the other?

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
If you are contemplating 35’s and get 33’s you will regret it, however since you have the old engine/transmission it will leave a lot to be desired performance wise.

Also on another note, that does look like a Rough Country lift and if it is a 2.5”, looks like it is already sagging as Rough Country coils are known to do. It doesn’t look like other 2.5” lifts out there. I would additionally suggest front sway bar quick disconnects and brake line relocation brackets, or upgrade the lift and save up to re-gear.

-Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are contemplating 35’s and get 33’s you will regret it, however since you have the old engine/transmission it will leave a lot to be desired performance wise.

Also on another note, that does look like a Rough Country lift and if it is a 2.5”, looks like it is already sagging as Rough Country coils are known to do. It doesn’t look like other 2.5” lifts out there. I would additionally suggest front sway bar quick disconnects and brake line relocation brackets, or upgrade the lift and save up to re-gear.

-Dan
Thanks dan, I was thinking the same thing about the 33 vs 35 with the old engine. I'm probably going to stick with 33's since this will be primarily used for lighter trails on camping expeditions.

Probably going to upgrade the lift after wheels/rack, would rather just do it right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doesn't look to bad. I think we are all use to seeing 4" of lift with 2.5" coils on a unloaded jeep.

RC has their own version of front CA drop brackets. These make a huge improvement in ride.

New shocks a nice set of tires and :thumb:
Thanks for the advice jeeper, I'll look into some drop brackets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone have recommendations for a budget alternative to the 33" duratracs?

I want to get the Level 8 Tracker 15x8 wheels, but would prefer a little more budget tire then the duratracs...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts