Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the wife was unhappy how dim the headlights were. So I bought the Sylvania sliverstar ultra bulbs. When I tried to remove bulb from green connector after I slide the red lock to release it. I noticed it was really stuck and couldn't get it unplugged. I used a small screwdriver to work it back an forth to get it off. It looked as if it had been hot to me cause the old bulbs were black on the bottom. Looking at the design closer I saw a cone mounted to the headlight base the bulb went into that was held in by a torx screw. Inside the cone was black and it would not come clean, so I didn't see how it would ever be able to reflect the light back on the headlight base, so I removed it. I put the new bulb in and now the green connector will not stay plugged in with the red slide locked in place. I thought I had it but it came unplugged while driving down the road. So my question is, is there a cheap fix for this ? Really don't see a place I can use zip ties to tie the connector to the bulb on the back of the headlight. Oh by the way, removing the reflection cone was a great idea because it didn't effect the pattern and it looks brighter.

·
Registered
810 Posts
The little tab that the connector locks to might be too big for that bulb. Put it on the bulb with the bulb out of the housing and see if you can tell whether it's not locking because the tab is too big, or because the connector won't lock due to it's condition. I have had to trim the tab on bulbs before to make them lock.

Not too big of a deal to replace.. $7 for a pair on Ebay.

WIRE PIGTAIL MALE 9008 H13 TWO HARNESS PLASTIC HEADLIGHT REPLACEMENT PLUG SOCKET | eBay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts