Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,

Recently purchased a 2010 Wrangler Sport, 6 speed manual, intending to tow behind a (as yet un-purchased) ~26' class C motorhome. I'd also like to install a front winch (new bumper?).

Looking for suggestions on winch/bumper to purchase that will also accommodate a 'tow bar' of some sort to attach to the front of the Jeep.

Ideas, please?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
There are several options. You can use your stock bumper, which may cause clearance issues, if you off-road. You can get an after market bumper, where you can get the tow tabs either bolted or welded on, and then add the winch and winch plate. I have been looking at the Rock Hard bumper, which offers a bolt on option for 3 or 4 different tow bars. You might search on here and some rv forums for more info on your options.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I tow our JKU behind a 25' class C. My bumper is a Metalcloak Framebuilt that I use the D-ring attachments to connect an adjustable arm tow bar. Many after market bumpers are equipped with suitable D-ring mounts, and there are adaptors available for all tow bars to utilize them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts