Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I eventually want to switch my 16" rims to 17" rims. Do computer chips need to be replaced? Can the tire shop do everything involved or does the dealer have to? Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
if all you are doing is changing rim size, it shouldnt matter. if you are also changing tire size you will have to recalibrate your ecu. the dealer might be able to flash it for you but you are better off getting an aev procal for $150 or a super chips trail dash for about $500. all the tire shop will do is mount balance swap out tpms senors.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just went from my stock Sport 16 inch rims and tires (29 inch tires) to factory Rubicon 17 inch rims (31 inch tires).
My speedometer is off by an honest 6 MPH at 60. I just ordered the SUPERCHIPS FLASHCAL 07-14 JK 3570 from Quadratec.
Supposedly, this will recalibrate everything once I punch in the numbers.

·
Registered
615 Posts
My 2010 left the factory with 16's. A previous owner installed some 18" Sahara takeoff's from a 2011. My speedo was reading 10% slower than my GPS. I had a factory recall notice and when I took it in asked the tech to recalibrate the speedo. He charged me $30 to do it while it was in.

I've since replaced the 18" wheels with 17" takeoff's from a 2013. The tire diameter didn't change. Of course I don't have a working TPMS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts