Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how much my 2011 wrangler unlimited hard top with Nav is worth trade in value and selling private part?

I am thinking of getting the new wrangler which has a better engine and i can get better options.

The MSRP of my jeep was 33,900 when i bought it but i bought it $2000 less then the MSRP back in Jan

There is no listing on kelly blue book for a 2011 wrangler

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
There was a similar thread recently. The general consensus was why? Your going to lose money. The newer engine is not supposed to be that much better-well not to want too trade imo. Better HP but at a higher rpm. We don't know for sure what it's going to be like in the jeep, especially if your expecting huge gains. Not worth it, drive and love your 11 :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I wouldn't be in a hurry yet. I'm going to enjoy mine for atleast a few years. Who knows, maybe there will be another change soon that will be even better. Hemi, diesel, or some new even better rubicon off road stuff. I actually plan on waiting to see what the next generation will be like.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am gonna trade up my '10 for '12. I think the changes made in the '12s drive train are worth it. I can afford it, but don't look forward to the trade time negotiations. Trade your '11 in and get what you want, if you have the $$$.

Doesn't help that Jeep is giving away '11s...

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
This strikes me as nuts. There is no such thing as getting "the" jeep you want. All the stuff you really want (whether you know it or not) is for sale aftermarket.

For $5k buy a supercharger. Regear for $1500 more. You'll dust 2012s like they're made of cat turds. Ten years from now, spend $15k to swap in a Hemi or maybe even a diesel.

Whatever your 2011 is worth, you'll lose more than $6500 on the deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love how everyone says go buy a supercharger, yet out of the bazillion jeeps out there, there are a couple thousand, if that, that have been Ripped. Who wants the trouble?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
chipmaker said:
I love how everyone says go buy a supercharger, yet out of the bazillion jeeps out there, there are a couple thousand, if that, that have been Ripped. Who wants the trouble?
And what trouble is that?

Your cash of course. I'm not sure what used 2011s are going for, though my expectation (to take a shot at the original question) would be to knock at least $10k off the purchase price. A 2010 would no doubt fair worse. Who wants THAT trouble?? :D

There's other superchargers than RIPP btw. Though they do seem to be the most popular.

I guess my overall view is simply that you already have a jeep. With that comes an absurdly large aftermarket that will allow you to do anything you want--superchargers, bumpers, winches, new engines, lifts, tires, body armor, suspension improvements, electronics, lighting, etc etc etc. Why not just stick with what you've got and take the money you'd throw into getting a stock 2012 and turn your 2010 or 2011 into something really unique and a legitimate performer? Ten years from now, my 2010 is going to smoke any stocker in the world. JMHO.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
:rofl: A JK as a performance vehicle? I don't care how many turbo or superchargers you have it's never going to really perform. If someone wants a performance vehicle then I would think a JK would be pretty low on the list. I think the mind set should be to get one because you would want to go where no one has gone before. The 3.6 is not a "better" engine. It's probably a very good engine and it's great that it has a bit more hp and produces more torque. You take any improvements you can get. Only time will tell if it ultimately is prone to have less issues; burning oil, bearings, etc. If you would prefer to lose a ton of cash on a trade in, it's your dime. If you get a 12 hopefully it's all you want it to be. I would test drive one first though.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
MTH said:
Why not just stick with what you've got and take the money you'd throw into getting a stock 2012 and turn your 2010 or 2011 into something really unique and a legitimate performer?
kik said:
:rofl: A JK as a performance vehicle? I don't care how many turbo or superchargers you have it's never going to really perform. If someone wants a performance vehicle then I would think a JK would be pretty low on the list.
You know those lifted, locked, long armed, armored JKs and other jeeps you see climbing and articulating over all sorts of hellish terrain? That's performance. I wasn't suggesting you turn it into a Ferrari.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts