Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I am trying to find the best black fuel door. I like the Mopar one, but I have seen that on a couple of vehicles that if you grab the unit it slides up or down slightly, yet I saw 2 chrome ones that were installed at the Jeep factory and they did not move. Any suggestion on which is the best black fuel door out there or how to preven the unit from moving. My concern is wear on the paint or the elements getting behind the unit and eventually rusting out.

Thanks

·
Kansas Coyote
575 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :wavey: I have the Mopar one that came with the blk app grp. I have had no problems with it. :)

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
Spend the extra money. I bought a different brand (RR). Easy install, looks good. Lock is a POS. Jammed the first time went to unlock it. Finally got it open, had to leave it unlocked. Kind of defeats the purpose. Luckily, I had an old barrel lock laying around and swapped it out. I will be replacing the cover down the road.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the black mopar one and i haven't had a problem with it either. It is much cheaper on eBay.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the RR locking fuel door and haven't had a problem with it. Use some super lube to keep it in working order from time to time. I enjoy the security of the lock and use it as a hide a key for when I am surfing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts