Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll, well I bought my rig in 2011 while I was stationed in Korea, it is my first new vehicle I bought and was skeptical after being a Huge Ford follower.
Anyway I have been in Afghanistan making all kinds of tax free money so I figured what better time to get the things I want for my Jeep. Following is a list of the parts I have bought and are currently waiting in a friends shop for me to get back and install.

-Rock Krawler Max Travel 2.5" lift
-Fox racing 2.0 shocks all around
-Crown racing extended brake lines
-Smitty Built SRC Front bumper
-Smitty Built SRC side armor
-SMI rear bumper w/ hitch
-17x9 Mickey Thompson Side biters x5
-Goodyear Dura Trac 285/75R17 x5
-Black lug nuts (Gorilla I believe)
-Kicker replacement sound bar speakers
-Warn VR 8000lb winch w/synthetic line
-KC hi lites windshield brackets
-AMI Locking fuel door
-PIAA Ion Fog lights
-PIAA Extreme driving lights (white)
-sPOD switch panel

Plan on getting new front and rear drive shafts after installing the lift if I need them, along with a re-gear to 4.88 to handle 35's eventually. I will have pictures up as soon as I get home and start putting everything on this December when I go on post deployment leave!

If anyone has suggestions or constructive criticism I am willing to hear it.
Thanks for the read,

Robert "Hammer" Hambley

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would but I already got the 33's so really not much I can do now but to wait and build up the account to get the necessary upgrades that going to 35's requires. I want to do everything right the first time and take no chances.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
start with 35s

otherwise sounds very cool, and you need to post pics
100% agreement.

Sell the 33s now while they are still new. You should recoup just about all that you spent, especially if you used the tread lightly discount. You are going to want 35s.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For right now though i am mostly going to be on road and want to beef up my front axles. Switch the D30's for some D44's in the front and change the axle shafts to a tougher more sturdy shaft. I want to do all that so that when I do get on the tougher trails I am not worried about breaking something. Also when I do all that I am putting lockers in. That will be down the road a bit so for now I am content with the 33's. But I can agree that I am sure i will be wanting to go bigger.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got back from Afghanistan and first thing I did was fly home so that I could get my Jeep. I wasn't going to start putting everything together then since I was only home for a day but my friends talked me into it so we went to work.
When we got to the shop and he pointed out where all of my boxes where it was as if X-mas had come early (one I had paid for haha). We un boxed everything that was going to get put on and that included front / rear bumpers, side rails, tires and wheels, kicker replacement speakers, winch, PIAA fog lights, and the windshield mounts.
After everything was un boxed we each picked something out and went to work, I started on the front bumper while one friend took the rear and his son took to the side rails.
Floor Vehicle Car Room Luxury vehicle
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Jeep
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Auto part
After all of that we took a break for lunch then hit it hard with another friend who of course brought beer :thumb:. After a short bit of work we had installed all of the things we had each set out to do. My friend Dakota and my buddy Matt (bringer of booze) took the wheels and tires to a local guy to have them mounted and balanced (which he did for free as a thank you for my service).
Vehicle Floor Tire Car Automotive wheel system
Auto part Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper

Once they got back with those I had already hooked up the speakers and we had the lights mounted on the front bumper. We wired to fog lights to the existing wires so that I could operate them with the original switch on the steering column, pretty slick if I do say so myself. After that we went to work mounting the tires and I put my locking gas cap on, which took about 5 minutes max. Very simple and sturdy. If you want a write up on the installation of anything let me know and I will make a thread for it or put it in here.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
These are the first cool tube rear bumpers I've see on a JK. My TJ had tube bumpers, but I haven't seen any suitable for the JK. Good to know they exist.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the rear tube bumper. Nice and clean looking without looking cheap... Might look into pricing them :D 20,000 km, an no more warrenty to worry about...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts