Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many posts about this problem I have. I have replaced the multifunction switch no luck. I found that if I discount the battery cables the light sometimes work for a day sometimes 2. I have checked all grounds and cleaned them. I have also checked and reseated all the connections on the TIPM part number 0492298af that I really think is my problem. I just have never seen any of these posts with these problems that are resolved. This is the spot that I bang my head. The last time I drove it all the dash light were going crazy the speed odometer was going from 30 to 90 just flashing I had over 18 DTC codes like something opened up I cleared them and it only has the b- codes for the lights.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Have you had the battery tested? I haven't experienced it, but I've read many a thread that said the Jeep's electronics were completely possessed, and it turned out to be a bad battery.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have read many posts about this problem I have. I have replaced the multifunction switch no luck. I found that if I discount the battery cables the light sometimes work for a day sometimes 2. I have checked all grounds and cleaned them. I have also checked and reseated all the connections on the TIPM part number 0492298af that I really think is my problem. I just have never seen any of these posts with these problems that are resolved. This is the spot that I bang my head. The last time I drove it all the dash light were going crazy the speed odometer was going from 30 to 90 just flashing I had over 18 DTC codes like something opened up I cleared them and it only has the b- codes for the lights.

Thanks
Have you changed the relay out?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I really didn't want to go there.$$$$$$
A couple more things to try. Use a meter and see if you are getting any voltage to the hot wire. Ground to the battery not the body to test. If you aren't getting anything, wiggle the relay around in the socket while your hooked up and see if it changes the meter reading. If it does, you might be able to clean those connections up with either a trimmed emory board or a really skinny file.

If you get voltage, it's a ground issue.

Next, check the lug where the battery connects in the TIPM itself and make sure you get the same voltage at that lug, that you do at the battery itself. If not, you can take the wire off and clean the connections. I believe a 2 volt difference will cause some weird problems.

I would carefully re-seat all the TIPM connectors again before I bought a TIPM. While you are there, check and make sure all the pins on the TIPM side are straight. So easy to bend one..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for looking and all the ideas I think I am going to do the replacement on the TIMP I found the website that was very useful in troubleshooting the TIMP and had some great ideas. I hope it's ok to add the site but I could not find any other place to purchase a TIMP
Vertical Visions - TIPM Test/Bypass Cables and Repairs, Engineering Services I will post back and let yall know how this goes.These guys also have a lot of fixes for fuel pump problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts