Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching tons of forums on how to replace the overdrive button on a 2011 JKU auto transmission, I think I have to create another thread and ask for a solution. The button is just stuck. I have used electronic cleaner, canned air, and gone through the inner edges with a thin piece of aluminum still does not work.
I want to replace the button. I have read it is a momentary switch. Is this correct? If it is, is it a normally open or closed switch? Do I have to take apart the center console or can I just pop up the button (on TJs it just pops up). I have time to get this fixed, but I am planning to get a trailer and I will need this fixed by summer. I thank you all in advance for your time, intelligent answers.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
The bezel has to be removed to replace the switch:

REMOVAL
1. Remove the accessory switch bezel.
2. Remove the overdrive off switch from the accessory switch bezel.

INSTALLATION
1. Install the overdrive off switch to the accessory switch bezel.
2. Install the accessory switch bezel.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bezel has to be removed to replace the switch: REMOVAL 1. Remove the accessory switch bezel. 2. Remove the overdrive off switch from the accessory switch bezel. INSTALLATION 1. Install the overdrive off switch to the accessory switch bezel. 2. Install the accessory switch bezel. __________________
Thanks for the prompt response. I have looked for the part number for this but it does not exist. do you know what kind of button it is?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I checked also and was unable to find it. It seems like owners that had issues with it were able to take it apart and clean it which seemed to solve the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts