Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the JK world. I have owned by 2011 sahara for a little over a year now and I am starting to get antsy about lifting the Jeep.
can someone help me. what i need for 2.5 inch lift
Rough Country 2.5 in. Suspension Lift Kit w/ Shocks this will be good?
or Can you tell me a cheap lift kit, and what other parts are needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Which cheap lockers is best for the daily drive. where will be best to install rear or front ?

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
I am new to the JK world. I have owned by 2011 sahara for a little over a year now and I am starting to get antsy about lifting the Jeep.
can someone help me. what i need for 2.5 inch lift
Rough Country 2.5 in. Suspension Lift Kit w/ Shocks this will be good?
or Can you tell me a cheap lift kit, and what other parts are needed.
It sounds like you are really focused on price... What is your budget? The Rough Country lift is not a good one.

If you're ok with 2", the Rancho 2" kit has a good following and has good components and shocks that are much better the the Rough Country shocks.

You can read about it here: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/rancho-2-sport-system-w-4-springs-2096081.html

It's hundreds of pages long with all kinds of information and photos, etc.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rancho/2-inch-progressive-sport-lift-07-17-jeep-wrangler-jk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for answering , the importance of price here is because I am buying it from Georgia (eu) where I have to pay tax and price for 1 kg --8$.
I want to choose cheap.
I liked Rancho 2 Inch and do i need some other staff?
what about lockers?

·
Super Moderator
6,804 Posts
If you read that long thread on the Rancho 2" progressive spring lift you will see that some are happy with the lift as it comes while others either add longer / adjustable front lower control arms or geometry brackets to get it to drive the way the want it to. That is because all Jeeps are different and lifting a Jeep changes the steering geometry. So it is hard to know if you will need additional parts with that lift or not.
The simplest form of lift with a JK / JKU is a spacer lift. That would be the cheapest lift available. Various brands make and sell them. Usually you can lift up to around 2" with spacers. Often you will lift the front a half inch to an inch more than the rear to level out the Jeep. Spacer lifts don't change the spring rate, they just raise the Jeep the thickness of the spring spacers.
If you want lockers, you can add them. Or you can add a limited slip. And you can re-gear. It is all a matter of money. I don't know what is available there, but here a cheap locker option is an Aussie locker, which is something of an automatic locker vs the classic locker you flip a switch to lock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts