Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Nice Jeep grsn. Love the Mojave, it's my favorite special edition :D But no, not for $35k.

·
Registered
122 Posts
$35,000 with the old 3.8 and someome else had 40,000 miles worth of fun in it already.
No.
Move on.
It's probably down a qt. of oil :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
$35,000 with the old 3.8 and someome else had 40,000 miles worth of fun in it already.
No.
Move on.
It's probably down a qt. of oil :D
Ok, so it's unanimous. You say the old 3.8. I just sold my 06 Rubicon and never considered a JK until now so I'm learning about them. Can you tell me the difference between the "old" 3.8 and the new one. What year did they change? Is the new one better? Better mileage? Better off buying a newer JK to get the new engine?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Jk lineup received an interior upgrade in 2011 and an engine upgrade in 2012. If looking to buy used, try shopping for late MY12 or newer. However, they are very pricey and often, people just go for brand new.

There are lots of threads regarding the ticking head on the "new" pentastar. Also people go all day on which engine is better. In the end, it comes down to owner preference.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thought this was a picture thread?

First weekend of ownership. My wife and I enjoy ours a lot!!!
Let's see some more!!!:happyyes:

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
The Mojave is one of my favorite special editions. But $35K for a used one? Nope...

Useless fun fact of the day...

Did you know the Mojave is based on the Sport?

You would think that the painted top, painted fenders, leather interior, and Sahara side steps, it would be based on a Sahara...

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Saw my first one of these this last weekend at the hotel we are living at in Austin. I didn't realize there was a Mohave special edition before I saw it.

I thought it was a precursor to the Freedom Edition... Pretty cool though!

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Mojave is one of my favorite special editions. But $35K for a used one? Nope...

Useless fun fact of the day...

Did you know the Mojave is based on the Sport?

You would think that the painted top, painted fenders, leather interior, and Sahara side steps, it would be based on a Sahara...

Never knew that and I was one of those that thought it was based on the Sahara for all those reasons you listed....:facepalm:. Learn something new everyday..Thanks for the tidbit panther.

Anybody have any more pics to show???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked up a used Mojave yesterday. Loving it... other than the Mojave graphics and lizards. Likely going to be taking a heat gun to the those graphics soon.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just picked up a used Mojave yesterday. Loving it... other than the Mojave graphics and lizards. Likely going to be taking a heat gun to the those graphics soon.

What's the point of spending all that extra cash then? If it wasn't for the graphics you'd have just a plain Jeep you could have bought for $10k less. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts