Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the jeep sickness for years back when I rolled through a couple of CJ's and I'm finally back in the fold. I picked up a 2011 JK Sahara that has only seen the dealer for repairs and maintenance and has been a road princess. Way too many nights with a bourbon in hand and surfing the various retailer websites I had amassed the pile of stuff to finally put it all together. So here is the before the HUGE mod pictures, hopefully by the weekend I'll have after pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, that's awesome! Can't wait to see it when it's complete! Question, what tires/lift are you putting on? And what gears do you have? I'm putting a lift and tires on tomorrow but I just think I found out my Sahara might be a 3.21 and not a 3.73. Plus the driveshaft etc

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going with 35X12's the lift is the Teraflex 2.5 but not the budget boost and added the shocks and dual steering stabilizer and the arms. I'm figuring if I want to go to a little higher or 37's down the road I can always do a slight body lift. I'm running 3.21's for gears but if its really bad with the 35's I'll do gears down the road because I want to do a locker anyways.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I can tell you I love the Teraflex 2.5 and the 34" DC Funcountry it goes down the road great and drives better than stock. BUT I'm back and forth if I should have gone higher. I spoke with Teraflex and they are telling me I can simply go with 3" springs and swap them but the "outback version" and it will give me 3" over all but in the rear it will be like 3.5. I'm questioning if that's enough.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man, I'll get some other pictures these were just quickies. Yeah I'm going 4" springs I just ordered them and said the heck with it. Now I just have to look at driveshafts updates.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I let this thread simmer and it's time to kick it back up.

I did the economy Kicker Speaker and tweeter capacitor upgrade and it was a big difference. I added a JL Audio 600 watt Amp and it made a world of difference. The head unit is a Joying which at some point I might part company with but its good for now.

I have recently been exposed, smothered and blown away by JL Audio's line of marine products and after about 8 months with the current set up it its time to make a change.

So I am retrofitting the Kicker Speakers with JL Audio speakers!! They aren't cheap, but the quality I have heard from the marine line is so exceptional that I have to do it. And its my off boating season toy so........ TIME TO MOD!!!!

And here is a pic of the new name I finally made up. I did the font and design for her.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts