Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my state of Florida they have a rain day rule: If the wippers are on, so should your head lamps be on. My other car has a set up mode so I can make LWD, or Lit While Driving, a full time option. I would like this feature to work in the daytime as well as night. Any ideas on how to fix?

·
Registered
690 Posts
The AEV Procal, and I'm sure other programmers, give the ability to activate Daytime Running Lights. You can set it to use the high beam headlight element at low power, the front marker/turn signal lamps on high power (turn signal element), or the fog lights. Whichever you choose, they automatically turn on as soon as you take the vehicle out of park, at least on an automatic. Guessing a manual trans they would be on with the key in the on position as long as the parking brake isn't engaged, but not sure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The AEV Procal, and I'm sure other programmers, give the ability to activate Daytime Running Lights. You can set it to use the high beam headlight element at low power, the front marker/turn signal lamps on high power (turn signal element), or the fog lights. Whichever you choose, they automatically turn on as soon as you take the vehicle out of park, at least on an automatic. Guessing a manual trans they would be on with the key in the on position as long as the parking brake isn't engaged, but not sure.

Thanks for the info on the AEV Procal. I looked it up on the www and did see that it requires an owners manual with DIP-SWITCH settings. Correct toggles are required to make it work. It has no visible display as to its mode of operation. I will look around for a different style of input unless the Procal has programming features that no other product can match.:banned:

·
Registered
690 Posts
I don't think the Procal does anything that others don't. I have one for both of the Jeeps in my family. You do have to maintain the card that comes with it and advises the dip switch positions for the various settings. You basically set the switches, plug it into the OBD port, turn the key to on, wait for the horn to sound, turn the key off, and unplug the Procal.

I've used it to change tire size, gear ratio, TPMS warning threshold, and DRL's. Considering that means it has been plugged in 4 times in 7 years, setting the dip switches hasn't been an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just activated my DRL's today using the AEV ProCal. I ordered in on Quadratec ($170 same as other sites and AEV site was sold out). It comes with owners manual and a quick set up guide with all the dip switch settings. I took me less than 2 mins to set the dip switches, plug it into the OBD port and set the DRLs. There are other options out there but since a friend had the ProCal and I knew it would work I bought it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just activated my DRL's today using the AEV ProCal. I ordered in on Quadratec ($170 same as other sites and AEV site was sold out). It comes with owners manual and a quick set up guide with all the dip switch settings. I took me less than 2 mins to set the dip switches, plug it into the OBD port and set the DRLs. There are other options out there but since a friend had the ProCal and I knew it would work I bought it.
A hardy thank you for all the replies. Its good to know that ProCal does not become pared to one vehicle once used. That would require another series of steps to un-link it from one car and re-link it to another.

·
Registered
690 Posts
A hardy thank you for all the replies. Its good to know that ProCal does not become pared to one vehicle once used. That would require another series of steps to un-link it from one car and re-link it to another.
The AEV ProCal does pair with the vehicle. I don't recall if there is a single reset to restore all settings to factory and unpair or if you have to reset each individually. Quite honestly, once I used it to reprogram for larger tires and gearing, I had no intentions of ever returning the vehicle to stock and when I sell the Jeep, the ProCal will go with it.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
My '15 Sahara had and my '17 Chief has an automatic headlight position on the light switch. It's off/park/on/auto. When in the auto position they come on when the sensor detects low light situation or when the wipers are on. They don't generally come on in the first intermittent position, but do at the higher settings.

There is nothing inside the Jeep to tell you when the lights are on. But there is an indicator light for the fog lights. I tend to leave the fog light switch pulled out, so if in rain in the daylight, when the wipers come on and the headlights come on, the fog light indicator tells me they are on.

On my TJ, it's up to the nut behind to wheel to turn them on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts