Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a 2011 wrangler Sahara and was wondering what is the largest tire size I can put on it without having to get it lifted? I do believe it comes stock with 18 inch rims. The function of the tires will mainly be for looks and some very mild off roading. I really don't want to have to purchase new rims as well. Down the line I would plan on getting it lifted 3 inches again just mainly for looks. I am a total noob so please go easy. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Opinions and Ideas are strongly encouraged as well as pic.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
281 Posts
I had 275/65/18 duratracs on mine before I got my lift. I think they measured a little under 33. I had minor rubbing issues when I turned the wheel the full way but that was about it.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Ok sweet! That is what comes stock on the rubicons I think. Any pics with them on?
That isn't what comes on stock Rubi's... Stock Rubi tires's are 32 inches on 17 inch rims, just like the Sport S. Stock Sahara tires are 32 inches on 18 inch rims.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had 275/65/18 duratracs on mine before I got my lift. I think they measured a little under 33. I had minor rubbing issues when I turned the wheel the full way but that was about it.
Hey Dunkin...

I'm thinking of putting that size on my Sahara soon with no lift. Did the minor rubbing cause any problems...or was it just annoying??

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Will fit 35 on stock suspension? Im newbie
35" tires will fit on your stock suspension but they will rub the fenders bad. To make them fit you either need to upgrade to flat fenders or cut the stock ones. Don't forget the 4.5" backspacing needed when retaining stock rims.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put the AEV 2" spacer lift on my 13 Sahara and want to keep the stock rims. Can I run 296/65r18 DuraTracs without back spacers?

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I put the AEV 2" spacer lift on my 13 Sahara and want to keep the stock rims. Can I run 296/65r18 DuraTracs without back spacers?
Yes. It may rub a tiny bit at full lock. You can add a washer or 2 to the steering stops and that will prevent it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes. It may rub a tiny bit at full lock. You can add a washer or 2 to the steering stops and that will prevent it
And it wont rib at all in the rear sway bar? I keep reading that it will fit and others that say it wont fit because of the rear sway bar.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the answer is within....
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/largest-tire-on-stock-jk-heres-your-answer-142837.html

i put 275/65-18 General Grabber AT2s on my Sahara..
they are the same height as stock , about an inch wider, much better tread, not too loud, well rated, and they only weigh 2# /tire more then stock. I'm happy so far, turned the whole look of the Jeep around.
Hi I read your post and was wondering since it's been over a month, have you noticed any rubbing or anything annoying. I am after a tire as close to original as I can get except for width. This 275/65R-18 looks like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts