Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is somewhat a silly question but when I fold my top all the way back it seems very bulky. Am I just being to gentle with it? is this normal? It seems to stick up higher than I think it would.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daggo,

I looked at a few other vids....

Apparently I am not folding and tucking correctly. I folded and tucked but still seemed bulky. I will have to try again when it warms up.

I think this is the first one I saw where they put the top back up. I like how it can be taken down with just him but he needs help putting it back up. lol

I am having a little more fun putting the darn thing up by myself now since I got the Safari Straps put on lol

·
Trying to Get Lost
1,080 Posts
A lot of times, no matter how careful I am, I still need to do adjustment once it's down, pulling the fabric out from under itself in a couple of places.

And putting the top back up can be done with one person, you just need to stand in the back seat area to do it. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^ I might need to try that. I keep going from one side to the other.... With the Safari Straps it gets hung up a bit more now... No biggie still easier than taking the hardtop off by itself :)

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
^^^^ I might need to try that. I keep going from one side to the other.... With the Safari Straps it gets hung up a bit more now... No biggie still easier than taking the hardtop off by itself :)
I have Safari Straps as well and have no issues. Do you have the ones the go to the gate? If so that would be your problem since your fabric won't fall down into the Jeep. You might want to try a storage boot. I have one and love it. It keeps everything looking neat, keeps the top clean, and restores lost storage due to the fabric being in the way.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
I went with the Smittybilt from 4wheelparts for $36 shipped.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You might want to try a storage boot. I have one and love it. It keeps everything looking neat, keeps the top clean, and restores lost storage due to the fabric being in the way.
Agreed. Got mine through Amazon for under $40 shipped :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts