Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have access to the wiring diagram for a 2011 Wrangler Sahara JK?

I am just wondering if the wiring loom that feeds the back half of the vehicle has the necessary wires for the rear window defroster. I just bought a used hard top from an individual. They did not have the connector for it. I realize that I won't have the use of the wiper back there, but I was thinking about removing it anyway. I DO have the heated power mirrors though, and I think that if I can identify which wire from the loom feeds power to it, I just need to cobble together an adapter and cable to have the rear defroster cycle with the heated mirrors. I just need someone with access to a wiring diagram to tell me if the wires (feed and ground) exist in the looms installed in the models shipped with a soft top.

Thanks!

·
Registered
510 Posts
IIRC there is a harness you need to purchase when installing a hard top on a vehicle built as a soft top which includes the wiring for the defroster, windshield wiper motor and liquid tube for the sprayer.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I've looked into that. If that is the kit I saw available from Mopar, it has the multi-function switch portion that controls the wipers and has to be run under the tub and along the frame. I don't plan to keep the wiper installed, so I won't need that. I just want to see if there is a way to get the defroster hooked up. I would think that there is a connector somewhere in the loom for that power and ground to it - but I could be wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts