Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought my first Wrangler a few days ago and am very happy with it so far, except for the sound system. I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me out with.

1. What size are the speakers and are they all the same?
2. How do I remove the dash speakers?
3. There are two speakers in the sound bar, but there are also two holes that go straight through slightly offset and toward the middle of the two speakers. What are these for?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out, its appreciated.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Do a search on this and other JK forums-there is a ton of info on the sounds systems. I just put a post on the other day about replacing the 2011 dash speakers, just did mine last week-the directions with the Mopar Kicker speakers are not correct for the 2011 model due to the new interior, but it is still not too difficult to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, those holes are for the hard top. The speaker sizes for the 2011 are listed as 6.5 on mopar, for all four. I am waiting to get the time to pull them, when I do, I will post all the dimensions so it will be easier for the next person on deciding what speakers will fit. I am very disappointed with the factory radio system and can't wait to get an updated one. I am thinking of Focal components and upgrading to the RER(730n) head unit. If anyone knows if the older versions of the MyGig will work, please let me know. I want a stock look so if the RER is a different dimension than the RES I will look for something else.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
they are all a double DIN and fit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts