Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus got. Used wrangler Sahara having trouble with uconnect and the USB is not working anyone can help please?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Jus got. Used wrangler Sahara having trouble with uconnect and the USB is not working anyone can help please?
Do you know which head unit?

Pretty sure the USB port on the head unit it only for transferring data, pics and music to the HDD or updating the nav, but it won't play music.

With the 430N (with Uconnect) and 730N there is a USB port on the front wall of the center console which is for connecting/charging a phone/iPod, etc.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Ok. The 730N has bluetooth built into the head unit, the 430N with uconnect has a separate module for uconnect/bluetooth so you may have either a bad module, or a problem with the head unit. No way to know which without knowing which unit and unfortunately I don't know of a way to tell them apart.

Does your phone pair with the system and just the voice commands aren't working or is the system acting as though uconnect doesn't exist?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's certified used so the dealership has to fix but they said it has Bluetooth and u connect but might need a update I have RHB

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The USB on the head unit is used for music/picture transfers.
Do you have a microphone on the A pillar? Next to the visor?
What does U connect say when you hit the call button?

Bob K.

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
I believe that "RHB" is the 430N.

With the 430N, Uconnect is an extra option. You might nor might not have that extra option.

With the 730N, Uconnect is built-in, and thus always available.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I jus hope the dealership can fix it cause there's also a USB in the armrest that doesn't work too

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yeah I jus hope the dealership can fix it cause there's also a USB in the armrest that doesn't work too
If the remote USB and pillar mic are there, sounds like uconnect was either there and the dealer yanked the unit before they sold it or it's just malfunctioning. Either way, they should sort you out under warranty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well brought it bac today nd the dealer ship. Blew up the radio so now they have to order another one nd now I have no radio at all sigh

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have the 430N, both the USB on the head unit and inside the storage area can play music from it. It's not just for file transfer. It actually have a couple of extra function vs the HDD.

☞ Sent from here ☜

1 - 17 of 17 Posts