Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon starting, my Jeep gives me the code of p0300 random missfires. When temperature outside is cool it is rough starting however when warmer out it is smoother. After I drive it for two or three minutes the light stays on but it goes back to running normal/ sounding.

I've replaced plugs and wires. Soon to replace egr valve.

If that doesn't work does anyone have better ideas. Again once I go down the road a couple two miles the problem seems to fix itself but it is rough to start in the cold morning. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How many miles? Carbon can do that. It absorbs fuel mix like a sponge when cold, and hardens when it gets hot. You're not running above 87 octane are you? That'll cause cold start issues as well. Try some SeaFoam and see if that helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
175k. I tried sea foam in the tank and one can on the intake. Still acts the same although I've only driven it ten miles since the addition

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put on a bully dog programmer. It's handy I'm able to change shift points, tire size settings (helpful for accurate speedometer) several other options. Got mine for 250

1 - 5 of 5 Posts