Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recieved my lift today. The MetalCloak 2.5" Dual Rate Lift with OME shocks. I still have quite a few things to still purchase to flesh out this initial build, however this is a good first step.

I am very impressed with my first look at the parts. Everything was well packaged and seems very sturdy. The Dual Rate coils are very slick looking and the all the hard parts seem very tough. I will be measuring and documenting this install so we can have a base line for this Lift on a stock JKU sport.

Thanks everyone, pretty excited.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
How much?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm new and still waiting for another month for my Jeep. After lots of research online I ordered the gamechanger 3.5" from Metalcloak. I wanted bigger tires then realized I needed to get this and that to compensate for everything. I seen the bent joints on some brands of lifts. Liked the on road and high speed capabilities of this MC lift according to all the YouTube videos. I watched them all like the Terraflex guy is good. But I ended up going for a full package that included everything upper and lower adjustable control arms etc. along with those special looking shocks! HeHe I like the way thy look in the videos. So far I have a set of lights and 36" tires on black rims. They were only 5" back space so I ordered .75" hubcentric spacers to fit tires with lift. Sleeves gussets balljoints warn 9.0RC MC stubby. HiD's +LED back up light. Now I'm wondering about fitting the spare and the correct bump stops for the stock fenders. Jeep won't be here for another 4.5 weeks they estimate. I've been ordering stuff for 6 weeks. I can't afford to wait any longer. haha

·
Vendor
80 Posts
I'm new and still waiting for another month for my Jeep. After lots of research online I ordered the gamechanger 3.5" from Metalcloak. I wanted bigger tires then realized I needed to get this and that to compensate for everything. I seen the bent joints on some brands of lifts. Liked the on road and high speed capabilities of this MC lift according to all the YouTube videos. I watched them all like the Terraflex guy is good. But I ended up going for a full package that included everything upper and lower adjustable control arms etc. along with those special looking shocks! HeHe I like the way thy look in the videos. So far I have a set of lights and 36" tires on black rims. They were only 5" back space so I ordered .75" hubcentric spacers to fit tires with lift. Sleeves gussets balljoints warn 9.0RC MC stubby. HiD's +LED back up light. Now I'm wondering about fitting the spare and the correct bump stops for the stock fenders. Jeep won't be here for another 4.5 weeks they estimate. I've been ordering stuff for 6 weeks. I can't afford to wait any longer. haha

You are going to have your kit way before your jeep. You might just have to drive that car some more. :whistling:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi everyone,

I will take a lot of pics as I install the lift and the results. Still need a few little things like a Procal, and an exhaust spacer, Bolt kit etc. Decided on machined rugged Ridge rims with the black rim protectors and Toyo 295/70/17 Toyo MT's.

Thanks Will, I will let you guys know how it all goes. Thank you for being so prompt with the email replies too. I will probably have more questions as I flesh out my build.

Dustin

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts