Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I turned mine off. I have a 2012 4 dr also.

Here are the steps to deactivate the chime (picked this up from another forum, should be in the owner's manual, too):

1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.

2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.

3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep. (i don't know if starting is necessary, but i did it)

4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

next time you start the jeep, you'll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I turned mine off. I have a 2012 4 dr also.

Here are the steps to deactivate the chime (picked this up from another forum, should be in the owner's manual, too):

1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.

2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.

3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep. (i don't know if starting is necessary, but i did it)

4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

next time you start the jeep, you'll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.
Great info. Is it the same procedure to reactivate it if desired?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Aside from saving you from a worse accident, buckling the seat belt on your JK is essentially closing a switch. To remove a seat from a JK, you must first disconnect a the harness from under the seat. There are connectors, one of those is for the seatbelt.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How about just wearing your seat belt. I am a firefighter/paramedic and would hate to scrape your body of the road because you have been ejected from your jeep. Stay safe people.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Nvrmor said:
Not really. Not wearing your seat belt only endangers you. Unless you fly out the windshield or roof and land on somebody. :hide:
Having your seatbelt on keeps you behind the wheel, so you can reach it and possibly effect some kind of control of your Jeep, maybe even regaining control and preventing it from hitting me or someone I know.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Having your seatbelt on keeps you behind the wheel, so you can reach it and possibly effect some kind of control of your Jeep, maybe even regaining control and preventing it from hitting me or someone I know.
What about on motorcycles? :D

Nice Avatar...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts