Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a notch between each direction you want air to flow, between half way points that don't seem to do squat, or is it just me not noticing air being re-routed????

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
There's a notch between each direction you want air to flow, between half way points that don't seem to do squat, or is it just me not noticing air being re-routed????
The "half way points" add a little bias toward the position you are moving toward. So, if you are 1/2 way between the floor/upper console vent position and the floor vent position, it puts a little more toward the floor, etc.

Here's how the manual puts it:

"Mode Control (Air Direction)
Rotate this control to choose from several
patterns of air distribution. You
can select either a primary mode as
identified by the symbols on the control,
or a blend of two of these modes.
The closer the setting is to a particular
symbol, the more air distribution you
receive from that mode."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, sometimes

I find the intermediate settings to be inconsistent. Sometimes they blend the neighboring vents, sometimes they turn off the air entirely.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I double checked it today, put the vent control at 12 o'clock (all to the feet), moved it one notch counter clockwise, no additional air came out the top vents.

****** up or normal???

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
I double checked it today, put the vent control at 12 o'clock (all to the feet), moved it one notch counter clockwise, no additional air came out the top vents.

****** up or normal???
F'ed up, I think. Git 'er fixed under warranty. You might have to sit on the service manager to get it done, like by checking other Jeeps on the lot with automatic HVAC to compare what they do.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts