Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a response from Chrysler:

In response to your inquiry, our records indicate that 1,113 of these
vehicles were built in 2012. Please contact us back in January, 2013, as
the production numbers may change.

I've requested confirmation on is this all JK and JKU's and whether this is CONUS or CANADA/US. I'll let you know what I find out, if anything.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
ok

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
What's the point? How many peeps got fleeced for a goofy sticker and some seat stitching...?

It's done. Full speed ahead.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
what's the point? How many peeps got fleeced for a goofy sticker and some seat stitching...?

It's done. damn the torpedoes!!! full speed ahead.
lol

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Be interesting to see the 2-door/4-door breakdown, as well as by color.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't think that number included all three colors nor both the JK and JKU versions. It seems to me that they had plans on the book for a total of 3500 total made with about 1800 or so as JKU's.

To date, in our area there are two WC JKU's, one Bright White JKU, one Bright White JK, and two WC JK's. We have never seen a Bright Silver in person. We only see the other WC JKU and the Bright White JKU with any regularity though.

I really love our Freezer! :thumb: We get asked about it all of the time. The longer I have him, the more I like him. I was "so-so" on the WC at first, but adore it now!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Winter Chill was definetely one of the better colors in the last few years.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I was "so-so" on the WC at first, but adore it now!
Big fan of the WC... just saying.
Winter Chill was definetely one of the better colors in the last few years.
I liked WC from the moment I first saw it....especially in person.
I think too many people saw the Yeti and the Paris show pics (where it looked blue) and wrote it off as a sky blue Jeep with a cartoon on it.

For those that have seen WC up close, you know how awesome of a color it is. I think it is really more of a storm gray with blue and purple hues to it. But the metal flake tends to pick up the sky, and bright light brings out the blue. So brightly lit or over expolsed pics of it rarely look like the actual color which is closer to this...

Sharp...
One of the better colors Jeep has made. Sahara Tan and Winter Chill were my top two 2012 colors. (Mango Tango was up there as well...but not offered 2012).

The up-close WC pic is a lot like the Billet up-close pic. It is probably why I like Billet so much, even though I hate silver.

Edit:

BTW...I don't mean to offend the silver owners.
But my dislike of silver comes from Honda and other vehicles which seem to produce massive of amounts of fleet vehicles in silver. It isn't the color...it is the quantity.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I liked WC from the moment I first saw it....especially in person.
I think too many people saw the Yeti and the Paris show pics (where it looked blue) and wrote it off as a sky blue Jeep with a cartoon on it.
That would be me.

But you helped change my mind. All along I've kind've assumed it was just another skittles color. But after seeing your post, gotta admit, I was wrong. The Arctic is pretty sweet. Not sure I'd drop the $$ needed to buy one, but definitely can't fault those who do...

I choose the Arctic because of WC

But pics always come out as cartoon blue.
I've always thought they were blue. I mean, let's be honest. In your avatar it looks almost silver. Hard light, head on. But the photo you posted shows it as blue. Confusing. I should know better, being a photojournalist. Either way, looks nice...I retract all previous harsh statements regarding the Arctic. Hopefully, none of you care. :)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

I've requested confirmation on is this all JK and JKU's and whether this is CONUS or CANADA/US. I'll let you know what I find out, if anything.
Yeah, that seems way too low...I'm interested to hear their response to your second inquiry.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I received similar response about my Mojave. I was told 1,816.
When I asked for more information I was given it was that many 2 dr in Sahara Tan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That would be me.

But you helped change my mind. All along I've kind've assumed it was just another skittles color. But after seeing your post, gotta admit, I was wrong. The Arctic is pretty sweet. Not sure I'd drop the $$ needed to buy one, but definitely can't fault those who do...

I've always thought they were blue. I mean, let's be honest. In your avatar it looks almost silver. Hard light, head on. But the photo you posted shows it as blue. Confusing. I should know better, being a photojournalist. Either way, looks nice...I retract all previous harsh statements regarding the Arctic. Hopefully, none of you care. :)
The "real" look of Winter Chill in person is blue... err, silver... or maybe it's blue-gray. The paint is a pearl coat with metallic, so different lighting conditions and even different surroundings cause the paint to look different. A good reference for this is the 2012 Jeep Overland that was available in Winter Chill. That baby is CHROMED out beyond belief, and hardly even looks like the Winter Chill on the Arctics in WC (I haven't seen one of the limited run Sahara models in WC, so I can't speak for them).

Bottom line is this: I'm happy with my purchase and the additional cost was worth it, because I work hard for my money and it's what I wanted to spend it on. I'm glad I found one before they were gone. I'm planning to hang on to my Arctic for a loooong time.

Kbwwolf, I'm glad you came around. If you really think about it, what model ISN'T a special and limited edition? Model years change every year and you generally have the choice of a Sport, Sahara, or Rubicon. Those are all "editions" that the buyer chooses, and the decision they make is unique for them as the buyer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Arctic is Great

I have to say I love my Arctic. Is it worth the extra cost, maybe so, maybe not, but I would never tell anyone how they spend their money. Thats the great part of this forum, if all Jeeps were the same, wow this would be a boring place. Love to get the details of production numbers just for my own knowledge, but won't add or change my enjoyment of the Arctic.

·
Registered
598 Posts
F1LOCO said:

How do I get the production numbers? Would like to know how many Altitudes were made. They said they were gonna do 4500,just curious. Special editions are good for resale, but I ain't selling. Lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
i almost bought an arctic, but then i found a rubi for like 2k more, whats the point of spending more money on cosmetic things?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts